Wednesday, April 9, 2008

I love my new laptop

I've been playing with it for almost a day now and first impressions have given way to second and third impressions, all of which are very positive. The laptop is everything I had hoped it would be, small, easy to use, extremely internet friendly and just drips with geek chic. The little guy boots and shuts down fast, connects easily to any networks in range and has simply worked in every context I've thrown it into online. Beyond being small, it's also amazingly light. I'm considering putting it on a chain and wearing it around my neck. THe only issue I've had is really a minor one. The keyboard is just as small as you might expect on a tiny little laptop. The layout of the keys is also a bit cramped, the shift and enter keys are very small and there is NO space between any of the keys. I'm getting used to it very quickly though, more quickly than I would have guessed I would. I'll never be as fast as I would be on a full size keyboard, but i will get close I'm sure.

I'm really pleased with it.

No comments: